So I feel as though it’s time for an updated list.
If your wee one is still in the early stages of this wonderful phase then I’d highly recommend you go back and check out my previous blog. If, like us though, you are well and truly entrenched in the toddler-hood then hopefully you will relate to one or two of my personal observations.
Here we go, in no particular order…
- You sing or hum Wiggles songs ALL. DAMN. DAY.
- You choose your supermarket based on the brand of dry shampoo they stock
- Your minor OCD tendencies have morphed into CBF’d ones
- You used to enjoy long lazy lunches on the weekend but now every meal is a long one and the novelty is wearing off
- You find every utensil in your kitchen is now a play dough play thing
- You’re constantly trying to squeeze into hiding places that you shouldn’t but your tiny person is surprisingly convincing
- You think you might be ready for another baby but by the time your head hits the pillow you’ve changed your mind
- You haven’t even gone to bed yet and you’re already looking forward to your morning coffee
- You’ve swapped your black slimming clothes, as well as the light snot friendly ones, for whatever is dry and convincingly clean
- Your concept of clean is quite different to what it used to be
- You always have a tissue handy
- You therefore always have a rouge tissue go through the wash
- You’ve started preparing for the morning routine the night before by sitting your coffee cup conveniently close to the kettle
- You forgot what it felt like to have a teething baby for 10 minutes but then…molars
- You never knew a song with ONE word could be so catchy, case in point “poppadom – poppadom -poppa – poppa – poppadom -poppadom – poppa – poppa -poppadom” (The Wiggles)
- You’re grieving for the long afternoon naps that suddenly disappeared
- You never eat your two year old’s treats but the cluster of carefully hidden cupcake wrappers suggest otherwise
- You explain EXACTLY what you’re doing 75,431 times a day
- You’re way past yoghurt drops. It’s chocolate or
- You spend too much time making dinners you know won’t get eaten
- You swear you never loose your temper but when your child slaps a flat surface and shouts “NO” in a cross voice, you realise you’re sadly mistaken
- You just want one sleep in but you get up at 5am, drink copious amounts of coffee and watch cartoons instead
- Your car interior could be confused with the pick and mix isle at Pak n Save
- You have no loose change lying around the house anymore but someone has a suspiciously heavy piggy bank
- You basically have no idea what you’re doing but when you look around, you realise YOU’RE NOT THE ONLY ONE!
Until next time